Here’s a quick list off the top of my head. Can you add any?
1) ASAE and the Center: The leading organization for association executives in trade associations, individual membership societies, and voluntary organizations. There are also individual chapters by state. Offers the Certified Association Executive (CAE) credential.
2) Association Forum of Chicagoland: Membership organization serving Chicagoland, the nation’s second-largest association market.
3) InTimeTV.com: Internet-based “station” providing one-hour talk shows for professionals. Jack McInerney and Susan Allehoff host “Association Execs” for CAEs and aspiring CAEs.
4) Weddles.com: Research firm which provides a directory of associations by industry (e.g. accounting, agriculture, astronomy, etc.).
5) Associations Now Magazine: Published by ASAE, with subscriptions available to non-members.
6) CEO Update: Print and online source for news on careers and events for association executives.
Stay up to date on trends in the industry, and you’ll be better prepared when conducting your next job search (whether you’re already in the association world, or looking to transfer into it).